Basic Life Support
Basic Life Support (BLS) ambulances provide transport to patients who do not require extra support or cardiac monitoring. A typical BLS ambulance staffed by EMT level caregivers transport includes:
- The EMT conducts basic non-invasive interventions to reduce the mobility and mortality of acute out of hospital emergencies.
- Additional skills associated with patient transport
- Medical and surgical patients who do not require cardiac monitoring
- Health care facility transport
- Behavioural health patients
Advanced Life Support
Advanced Life Support (ALS) ambulances transport patients who need a higher level of care during transport above those services provided by a BLS ambulance. All EasCare paramedics are trained to the Specialty care transport (SCT) provides the interfacility transportation of a critically injured or ill patient by a ground ambulance vehicle, including the provision of medically necessary supplies and services, at a level of service beyond the scope of the EMT-Paramedic. Patients who typically require ALS transport include:
- Any medical/surgical patient with a continuous IV (including IV pump infusions)
- Cardiac monitoring
- Ventilator management
- Obstetrical Patients
- Patients from urgent care centres
- Patients with potential airway compromise
- Any patient deemed to have a potential complication during transport when report is received from the sending facility.
EasCare provides specialized services to meet the needs of the communities we serve. These include but are not limited to:
- Neonatal ICU transport team (BLS)
- Pediatric ICU tranport team (ALS)
- Special events
- Honour guard
- Movie standby
- Sporting events
- Health fairs
- Fund raising
- Community events
- Biohazard response team
Wheelchair Van & Shuttle Bus
Our specially trained staff of wheelchair van and shuttle bus drivers provide service for clients who require assisted transportation but do not require an ambulance from point of pick up safely to their destination. Our drivers are all certified in CPR and First Aid, enabling them to act accordingly in the event of an emergency until an ambulance arrives.
Mobile INTEGRATED Health Services
EasCare has pioneered the practice of out-of-hospital care delivery in emergency medical services in Massachusetts. These services include centralized transportation design and delivery, patient navigation support services, and post-discharge planning and care transitions. EasCare is also actively developing community paramedicine models for our customers. Community paramedicine is an organized system of services, based on local need, provided by emergency medical technicians and paramedics, that is integrated into the local or regional health care system and overseen by emergency and primary care physicians. The model for community paramedicine was developed primarily outside of the United States where payment models support such preventive and creative clinical care models.